Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Jeff Potts <je...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/08 00:51:47 UTC

Automatically building/publishing cmislib docs

The cmislib source code includes documentation written in reStructured Text (rst). The docs are converted to HTML (or other formats) using a tool call Sphinx. HTML-based documentation is generated by running "make html" on cmislib/src/doc/src. Sphinx requires Python and is easily installed using "easy_install sphinx" (assuming both Python and easy_install are already installed).

So, my question is: What do I need to do to get the docs built as part of the Hudson build?

From talking to Florian at Alfresco DevCon this week, it sounds like once the files are built, he's got a cron job that can push the HTML to the appropriate place to be served up.

Jeff

Re: Automatically building/publishing cmislib docs

Posted by Manuel Jesús Recena Soto <re...@klicap.es>.
Hi Jeff:

I hope so. This issue would be interesting.

Regards

--
Manuel Jesús Recena Soto
Founder, CEO & CTO of klicap - ingeniería del puzle

mobile phone +34 664 000 629
work phone + 34 954 894 322
www.klicap.es | blog.klicap.es

RE: Automatically building/publishing cmislib docs

Posted by "Klevenz, Stephan" <st...@sap.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Here is a blog about how Sphinx can build in Hudson:

http://blog.timc3.com/2010/03/21/using-hudson-to-build-sphinx-documentation/

On the Hudson server this requires:

    * Hudson Python plugin
    * pip installed for python
    * VirtualEnv installed for python

I will go ahead and check on infrastructure mailing list how we can make this happen.

Regards
Stephan