Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Dan Luo <dl...@infoimage.com> on 2001/10/03 00:12:05 UTC

Jetspeed Cached local psml file

Hi,

I just installed jetspeed 1.3-a1 on both linux and win2000. Linux
version worked fine, but I can't cusomized win2000 porlet screen. It
seems that problem is with the disk cache. It caches psml file like
this: jndi____localhost_jetspeed_WEB-INF_psml_turbine_homeHTML.psml on
the cache directory on win2000 machine. This cause the psml writer to
think that this is a remote url. Please let me know if there is any
solutions to this problem as soon as possible. Thanks you!

Dan

Re: Jetspeed Cached local psml file

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
Dan,
Not that this will solve the problem, but is their a reason you are not
using 1.3a2-dev?  It can be downloaded from the Nightly builds on the
Jakarta web site http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.html

I am not sure I understand the problem.  The ability to customize a
portlet should not be related to portlet caching.

Paul Spencer

Re: Secuirty Question

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Anthony Smith wrote:

>I am not really sure if this is a jetspeed question or not but I really need
>an answer to this or I am screwed. I have some files (jpgs, html, jsp) that
>I want to put permissions on. I know how I could do it for a jsp page, but
>what about an image file? I dont want the user to be able to type in the
>path and then be able to acess it like that. And if it there is no work
>around for it at least have the ability to check permissions in a session or
>somewhere before they allow them to go to the actual file. I cannot use a db
>to ref the files for this one.

Security of non-jetspeed objects (static content) can only be dealt with
using Web container security, i.e. HTTP authentication. See the
Apache/tomcat (or whatever servlet engine you are using) documentation
for how to protect HTTP resources with authentication.

You could try tricks like allowing only requests that include a certain
Referer: Header, but these are trivial to break and will not work.

Secuirty Question

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Dan Luo wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just installed jetspeed 1.3-a1 on both linux and win2000. Linux
>version worked fine, but I can't cusomized win2000 porlet screen. It
>seems that problem is with the disk cache. It caches psml file like
>this: jndi____localhost_jetspeed_WEB-INF_psml_turbine_homeHTML.psml on
>the cache directory on win2000 machine. This cause the psml writer to
>think that this is a remote url. Please let me know if there is any
>solutions to this problem as soon as possible. Thanks you!

This problem has been patched in cvs code. Please use a recent nightly
build.