Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "Jash, Shaswata (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)" <sh...@nokia.com> on 2018/03/14 12:20:28 UTC

Question regarding effect of 'restart-strategy: none' on Flink (1.4.1) JobManager HA

Hello Flink-Experts,

I am observing that even after setting 'restart-strategy: none' with Flink JobManager HA (High Availability) setup, JobManager is still continuing restarting the ongoing jobs after failover. Is it the expected behavior? Jobs have not used any checkpoint/savepoints. My understanding was - JobManager HA along with other than no restart strategy will only ensure job be will resubmitted by the new JobManager after failover. I am using FLink 1.4.1.

Can you please share your views?

Regards,
Shaswata

Re: Question regarding effect of 'restart-strategy: none' on Flink (1.4.1) JobManager HA

Posted by "Jash, Shaswata (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)" <sh...@nokia.com>.
Hi Timo,

My observation was based on standalone cluster.

Regards,
Shaswata

are you using a standalone Flink cluster or how does your deployement look like? E.g. YARN has its own restart attempts [1].

Regards,
Timo

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/ops/jobmanager_high_availability.html#yarn-cluster-high-availability

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.