Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by kotipalli venkatesh <ve...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/18 13:50:41 UTC

High importance Suggest backup tool

Hi All,

I am using cloud stack version 4.5.0
Hypervisor  XenServer 6.2

we need full backups in the OS level by using any third party tool.

can some one please suggest any third party tool with support.

Regards,
Venkatesh.k

Re: High importance Suggest backup tool

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.
Also, if you search this mailing list via markmail.org - or something
else, there was another thread about backups - month or two ago - with
more suggested tools.

Posted by Timothy Lothering <tl...@datacentrix.co.za>.
Hi,

We have also done some testing and came up with a possible solution for Windows based machines (We have not yet tested Linux platforms), the outcome was that we were able to backup in-VM Data and restore it by traversing the "Public" interface.

For reference, we tested this on VMware.

This has some caveats though:

1. It uses the Public network, so if you are charging for "Public" traffic, you will need to keep this in mind. At present there is no way (to my knowledge) of excluding certain Public IP address (source of destination) from being included in the usage data.
2. it depends on an Agent being loaded onto the VM,
3. it isn’t free and is charge per-GB with a minimum commitment etc.

The product is made by Acronis, called "Acronis Backup Cloud" and uses certificates to ensure communication to the correct VM as well as securing the in-flight data.

Kind Regards,
Timothy Lothering

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Exactly that.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: High importance Suggest backup tool

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Gomez <ti...@gmail.com>.
We use EMC VBA wich make an incremental for-ever backup at storage level.
It has an appliance that allows to restore the full VM or file level.
We have VMware as hypervisor, I don't know if there is support for
xenserver.

Posted by kotipalli venkatesh <ve...@gmail.com>.
we are using NFS as a storage

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.