Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/17 11:57:53 UTC

Recent changes in war plugin

Hi Michal,

Last changes in war plugin seem suboptimal for
me.

I'm not sure that war artifact always needs version
name on it. Well, from one point of view it would be
nice to have versioned one if we are assembling ear.

But from other point of view if we just assemble web
app
versioned war is not cool...

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Zu Verst�rkung meines Teams suche ich ab Sofort einen
Softwareentwickler[In] f�r die Festanstellung.
Arbeitsort: Mainz
Skills:  Programieren, Kentnisse in OpenSource-Bereich
----[ http://www.pribluda.de ]------------------------

RE: Recent changes in war plugin

Posted by Michal Maczka <mm...@interia.pl>.
It was mistake!

will fix that

Michal

Posted by Kurt Schrader <ks...@karmalab.org>.

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@caltha.pl>.
Konstantin Priblouda wrote:
> I'm not sure that war artifact always needs version
> name on it. Well, from one point of view it would be
> nice to have versioned one if we are assembling ear.
>
> But from other point of view if we just assemble web
> app
> versioned war is not cool...

IMO a war should definetely be versioned when it is deployed to
the repository. Things just won't work the other way.
When assembling an EAR, there might be a need to drop the
version information from the filename, if the deployment descriptor
is written by hand, but if it is generated by maven, the file name
might retain the information -- this could pay off later when you
recieve a service call and need to determine what is actually
running at the client's system.

The application server driving plugin might want to drop the version
information during deployment/redeployment but I don't see why that
would be neccessary.

R.