Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ahmed Reza <ah...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/05 16:46:23 UTC

Authenticating Against Active Directory

Hi All,
    just wonderin if anyone else has tried authentication with Microsoft
Active Directory on a seperate server.  I tried using mod_ldap module but
that didn't work, and after googling for hours realized that I'm not the
only one who has tried it with no success.  Any input would be deeply
appreciated.

Regards,
Ahmed

Re: Authenticating Against Active Directory

Posted by Samay <ge...@hotmail.com>.
works fine with bioth AD 2k3 & Ad 2k using
a) Linux + APache 2.0.x + Winbind + Mod_auth_pam (both user & group level)
b) Linux  + Apache 2.0.x + Mod_auth_kerb (user level) -- even provides single sign on with SVN CLI.

I have tested using mod_ldap but never put in production though.

care to provide more details .. including configuration snippet?

cheers

Shirish

Posted by Bradley Wagner <br...@hannonhill.com>.
Christopher, I was wondering if you ever got LDAP (or AD) to work
with previous versions of Apache 2 like 2.0.58. I've been trying to
get Apache to compile with LDAP support for some time now to no
avail. Do you know have any documentation about getting this hooked
up or could perhaps provide a little run through of how you set it up?

We can take this offline if it's not really relevant to the
subversion list.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bradley