Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Paul Reynolds <pa...@essential-photography.co.uk> on 2018/05/03 11:03:36 UTC

add payment gateway

Hi

I am working on a new business project. The budget is virtually
non-existent at this time, so I am appealing to the open source domain.

I am designing some software for the business problem itself but I also
need software for the administrative side of things. I am looking at
Ofbiz because it's in java and java has good scaling and integration
properties. I need something like Ofbiz mainly for its accounting
component at the moment.

For this business, the basic initial business process would be taking
orders from an already existing website and forwarding them via JSON/XML
to ofbiz for, 1) payment processing, 2) general ledger book keeping.

I also would like to add my own payment gateway to ofbiz. I looked at
the code for some existing gateways services but still cannot see how
they integrate with the rest of the accounting components. For example :

1) if a payment is made on the website through Ofbiz, how does the GL
eventually get updated?
2) how do set up the config properties for a new gateway? direct in the db?

I note Ofbiz appears to be very well designed and has loads of
functionality but it is very difficult for me to understand how it all
fits together from what documentation is available. In this regard,
perhaps I can offer some assistance here in return for yours.

Paul

Re: add payment gateway

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Paul

I can give you a little info on the GL side. The link to GL is done via the payment and the GL transactions are automatically triggered by certain events.

See below for a simple example to walk you through the process using the current OFBiz demo

It’s easier to use Order Entry as you can do it using the admin user (rather than pretending to be a customer and logging in and out)

- Login as admin and go to order enty
- Create an order for a product eg a Giant Widget for DemoCustomer
- Pay for it using credit card
- The order is created and the credit card payment is in status authorised
- Next to the credit card details on the order you’ll see a ‘Capture’ button so click this and this creates a gateway transaction for the received amount for the order
- It also automatically creates a payment and links it to the order and posts the payment details to GL

The GL transaction is created automatically because you have received a payment.

On the payment gateway side, I seem to remember that it something about it needing to be manually added to the code and isn’t configurable in the existing screens, but I’m sure someone else will be able to respond more clearly about it than I can.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Sharan