Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Varun Sharma <va...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/19 21:20:19 UTC

Specifying replication factor & block size during distcp

Hi,

I am running a Distcp programmatically from Hadoop cluster to another -
using Hadoop 2.7 and distcp v2. I would like to set a custom block size and
replication factor for my files. How can I achieve that ?

Thanks !
Varun

Re: Specifying replication factor & block size during distcp

Posted by nataraj jonnalagadda <na...@gmail.com>.
Not sure if this feature is available. A workaround would be to update
replication factor and block size at the HDFS level and reverting the
changes after the distcp is complete. This is good for a one time copy. :-)

Posted by nataraj jonnalagadda <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nataraj jonnalagadda <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nataraj jonnalagadda <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.