Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by BradS <jr...@mac.com> on 2007/12/14 18:35:11 UTC

Client app generating messages

Is there an example of a client app pushing messages onto the servicemix bus
directly?  Say for example you have a desktop app that wants to send a
message to a bus, but doesn't want to talk to a web service, etc, it wants
to directly send the message?

What if the app wants to participate on the bus, as a listener, etc?  Do I
just use the embedded servicemix option?  If so, how do I programatically
add service assemblies and/or units?

Re: Client app generating messages

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 18, 2007 2:21 PM, Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be> wrote:
> L.S.,
>
> For sending message to the ESB from other applications, I usually try to
> leverage the ActiveMQ broker that is embedded in ServiceMix.  This has
> proven to be a very convenient, reliable and fast way to get messages
> over the wire.
>
> If you want to embed ServiceMix inside another application, you do not
> have to use JBI packaging.  It's often easier to use a static
> configuration file for this.  Several of the examples that ship with
> ServiceMix are developed this way (loan-broker, file-binding,
> rss-binding,...), with the servicemix.xml containing the complete
> configuration of all components, routes, ...

You can also utilize the ServiceMix client api
(http://servicemix.apache.org/client-api.html) via the
ServiceMixClientFacade class. This allows any Java app to send
normalized messages directly to the NMR.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: Client app generating messages

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

For sending message to the ESB from other applications, I usually try to
leverage the ActiveMQ broker that is embedded in ServiceMix.  This has
proven to be a very convenient, reliable and fast way to get messages
over the wire.

If you want to embed ServiceMix inside another application, you do not
have to use JBI packaging.  It's often easier to use a static
configuration file for this.  Several of the examples that ship with
ServiceMix are developed this way (loan-broker, file-binding,
rss-binding,...), with the servicemix.xml containing the complete
configuration of all components, routes, ...

Gert