Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/10 15:25:17 UTC

Assembly Question - Property interface hierarchy

Hi,

In the Assembly module can I change the Property interface hierarchy as
follows:

- Have ComponentProperty extend from AbstractProperty instead of Property.
- Move the 'defaultValue' accessors into 'Property' from AsbtractProperty
- Introduce accessors for 'value' in ComponentProperty.

Right now the value for a ComponentProperty gets read into the
'defaultValue' field and I just want this to move into 'value' field.

Opinions on this change proposal?  Thanks.

- Venkat

Re: Assembly Question - Property interface hierarchy

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Ok... this makes sense to me... I'll go ahead and make this change.  Thanks
:)

- Venkat

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Venkata Krishnan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the Assembly module can I change the Property interface hierarchy as
> follows:
>
> - Have ComponentProperty extend from AbstractProperty instead of
> Property.
> - Move the 'defaultValue' accessors into 'Property' from AsbtractProperty
> - Introduce accessors for 'value' in ComponentProperty.
>
> Right now the value for a ComponentProperty gets read into the
> 'defaultValue' field and I just want this to move into 'value' field.
>
> Opinions on this change proposal?  Thanks.
>
> - Venkat

 From the SCA assembly spec, it looks like constrainingType/property can