Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/12 02:14:53 UTC

Meta: Mail quirk of solr-user

Hi-

When I reply to a solr-user mail, the To: address is the sender instead of
solr-user. Didn't it used to be solr-user?

Lance

Re: Meta: Mail quirk of solr-user

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: When I reply to a solr-user mail, the To: address is the sender instead of
: solr-user. Didn't it used to be solr-user?

The @lucene lists are all configured to set the "Reply-To" header so that
it contains the list address, mail readers are responsible for respecting
that header, some give you an option to always reply to the sender
regardless of what Reply-To says.

As far as i know, nothing has changed about the way the mailing lists are
configured, and looking at recent messages (like yours) i see nothing odd
about the Reply-To ... it's possible some use is sending messages iwth a
combination of headers thta cause the list software to leave the Reply-To
header alone -- if you can give me a specific example of a Message-ID
where it's not working, i can check and see if the headers look right.

Are you sure nothing has changed about your mail client?

-Hoss