Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "john.greeley" <jo...@saic.com> on 2009/09/25 01:01:26 UTC

Re: [cxf] Support for WS-Polling, or some other way-one http connection?

Isn't this type of "backchannel" delivery covered by WS-MakeConnection
(http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsmc/200702)

On a related note, are there any plans to implement the newer OASIS WS-RX
specs (WS-ReliableMessaging and WS-MakeConnection)?

Posted by Andrew Harrison <a....@cs.cardiff.ac.uk>.
I was going to say that WS-Eventing supported the concept of pulling
events from a source, but as of *yesterday*, the spec has changed
considerably and no longer covers this. Instead, WS-MakeConnection is
referenced. :-)

At a tangent, WS-MetatdataExchange seems to be being used for a number
of out-of-bound considerations in different specs (for example, in
terms of WS-Eventing, finding out what the sink interface should look
like).

Are there any plans to support WS-MetadataExchange in CXF?

cheers,

Andrew

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--