Posted to bsf-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ivan Eisen <ir...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/04/16 15:55:06 UTC

Compiling JavaScript under BSF

I have JavaScript routines that are executed numerous times.  Is it
possible through BSF to compile them once and execute them over and over.
I saw that you can compile JavaScript into a CodeBuffer.   I am not sure of
the purpose of the CodeBuffer or how it can be used.

Thanks,
Ivan

Ivan R. Eisen
Senior Software Engineer
Work (512)838-8255  or Tie-Line 678-8255

Re: Compiling JavaScript under BSF

Posted by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <vj...@dulug.duke.edu>.
On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 08:55:06AM -0500, Ivan Eisen wrote:
> I have JavaScript routines that are executed numerous times.  Is it
> possible through BSF to compile them once and execute them over and over.
> I saw that you can compile JavaScript into a CodeBuffer.   I am not sure of
> the purpose of the CodeBuffer or how it can be used.

Ivan,

My apologies for an *extremely* late reply.
The use of the CodeBuffer has not been fleshed out in the Apache
version of BSF; it remains much as it was in the IBM version. This
is an area where improvement is intended, but effort has not yet
been expended.

Sorry to dash your hopes; perhaps that can be remedied in the
(near) future.

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski   | The Wall is Down, But the Threat Remains!
orlikowski@apache.org  | vjo@dulug.duke.edu | vjo@us.ibm.com