Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Cédric Jeanneret <cj...@tengu.ch> on 2010/09/20 12:43:50 UTC

autolearn : lock_file

Hello,

I have an error with SA using autolearn plugin:
Sep 20 12:25:06 hostname spamd[6157]: plugin: eval failed: bayes: (in
learn) locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile
/home/USER/.spamassassin/bayes.lock.host.domain.ltd.6157 for
/home/USER/.spamassassin/bayes.lock: Permission denied

Is it possble to define the lockfile to, say, /tmp/ ?
As I don't have only one user, it can be nice to set the lockfile
somewhere else on the system, where SA process can write. I didn't see
anything about such a configuration variable....

SA runs as "vmail" user, if it can help.

Thank you !

C.

Re: autolearn : lock_file

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, Cédric Jeanneret wrote:

> I have an error with SA using autolearn plugin:
> Sep 20 12:25:06 hostname spamd[6157]: plugin: eval failed: bayes: (in
> learn) locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile
> /home/USER/.spamassassin/bayes.lock.host.domain.ltd.6157 for
> /home/USER/.spamassassin/bayes.lock: Permission denied
>
> Is it possble to define the lockfile to, say, /tmp/ ? As I don't have
> only one user, it can be nice to set the lockfile somewhere else on the
> system, where SA process can write. I didn't see anything about such a
> configuration variable....
>
> SA runs as "vmail" user, if it can help.

Having a global lock file for per-user bayes databases is not optimal...

   The Constitution is a written instrument. As such its meaning does
   not alter. That which it meant when adopted, it means now.
                     -- U.S. Supreme Court
                        SOUTH CAROLINA v. US, 199 U.S. 437, 448 (1905)
  88 days until TRON Legacy

Re: autolearn : lock_file

Posted by Randy Ramsdell <rr...@activedg.com>.
Cédric Jeanneret wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an error with SA using autolearn plugin:
> Sep 20 12:25:06 hostname spamd[6157]: plugin: eval failed: bayes: (in
> learn) locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile
> /home/USER/.spamassassin/bayes.lock.host.domain.ltd.6157 for
> /home/USER/.spamassassin/bayes.lock: Permission denied
>
> Is it possble to define the lockfile to, say, /tmp/ ?
> As I don't have only one user, it can be nice to set the lockfile
> somewhere else on the system, where SA process can write. I didn't see
> anything about such a configuration variable....
>
> SA runs as "vmail" user, if it can help.
>
> Thank you !
>
> C.

SA can write to the users directories. You have something mis-configured
  or you hosed the perms in the directory.