Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com> on 2000/08/02 20:30:07 UTC

Re: Storable.pm problem

BeerBong wrote:

> Hello Joshua!
>
> I returned from vacation and now see that you produced some new versions of
> Apache::ASP.
> As I understand main enchantments are XML stuff and now question - if I
> upgrade to version 2 on my production server this will cause to slow down of
> processing ? I don't have in plans use XML now.

Hey Sergey,

Sure, as long as you don't set XMLSubsMatch or XSLT, you won't
turn the XML features on, and there will be no performance hit.

> -------------------------------
> [Tue Aug  1 17:12:45 2000] [error] [asp] [7465] [error] cannot load Storable
> for StateSerializer: cannot load StateSerializer must be a valid serializing
> perl module for use with MLDBM such as Data::Dumper (default), or Storable;
> , /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Apache/ASP.pm line 2346
> [Tue Aug  1 17:12:45 2000] [error] deferred at
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl/MLDBM.pm line 30
>
> MLDBM::Serializer::deserialize('MLDBM::Serializer::Storable=HASH(0x8a756d0)'
> , undef) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/MLDBM.pm line 155

Also upgrade your Storable to the latest, which might help,
as it seems that your Storable does not have a deserializer
method.  I just checked the latest Storable and it was working
just fine.  This might have something to do with the library
not loading correctly, make sure that your perl & modperl
are the same that have Storable.

-- Joshua
Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA