Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Steve Holmes <ia...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/10 22:09:26 UTC

Error Handling, original caller, JMS and components

Hi All!

I originally posted this message to the "Camel in Action" forum but I'm
hoping that someone here can help me out as well.

I understand when an exception is thrown by some process during the Exchange
(within a route) it is handled by the error handler and I understand all the
onException routes and such. What isn't clear to me is the following:

(Assuming a DefaultExceptionHandler)
-What is meant by the original caller? Is this always the "from" endpoint?
-What happens to the message? Is it discarded by the route?
-What if the message comes from an activeMQ queue or topic? Is the message
considered delivered to the consumer or does the queue/topic hold onto it
and continue trying?

Thanks!
-Steve

Re: Error Handling, original caller, JMS and components

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Steve Holmes <ia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I originally posted this message to the "Camel in Action" forum but I'm
> hoping that someone here can help me out as well.
>
> I understand when an exception is thrown by some process during the Exchange
> (within a route) it is handled by the error handler and I understand all the
> onException routes and such. What isn't clear to me is the following:
>
> (Assuming a DefaultExceptionHandler)
> -What is meant by the original caller? Is this always the "from" endpoint?
> -What happens to the message? Is it discarded by the route?
> -What if the message comes from an activeMQ queue or topic? Is the message
> considered delivered to the consumer or does the queue/topic hold onto it
> and continue trying?

Hi

I have posted on the author forum. I was out of office for the last 3 days.

> Thanks!
> -Steve

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer