Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/02 18:01:08 UTC

[M2] What is wrong with my scm url?

Hi,

I got the following url string :
scm:cvs:pserver:spssoww11:2401:/cvs/ocatest:gduapi
in my project pom under the project/scm/developerConnection element.

I then try to run the goal release:prepare but I end up with a
"Embedded error: Can't load the scm provider.
The scm url is invalid."

I tried to tweak my url but I can't seem to make it work. Does someone has
any idea why it's not working?
Thank for any help. Really appreciated!

--
Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: [M2] What is wrong with my scm url?

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
One last question, how can I provide my password outside of the pom so I can
share it among developpers. Thank!

Posted by Piotr Bzdyl <pi...@bzdyl.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Piotr Bzdyl <pi...@bzdyl.net>.
Hi,

 From http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/scm/scmurl.html

scm:cvs:<protocol>[:<host>]:<CVS root>:<CVS module>

I cannot see any place for port number... (scm:cvs:pserver:spssoww11:2401:/cvs/ocatest:gduapi).

Best regards,
Piotrek

Re: [M2] What is wrong with my scm url?

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
I already checked this page, great information by the way.

spssoww11 is my host, I am trying to not put my username in the url so we
can share the same pom among the project developpers. I think it is
possible. Am I right?

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
The correct url is http://maven.apache.org/scm/scm-url-format.html

Emmanuel