Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by vineeth <vi...@spi.com> on 2011/12/20 10:43:14 UTC

JRE used by Jmeter

Hi ALL

How can we instruct JMeter to use a particular JRE (JRE within the JDK)?

We have Java installed in : C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02

JMeter currently uses: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02 (As seen from
JConsole)

How to change setting to instruct JMeter to use: C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\jre

regards,
VS

Re: some of the transactions fail during concurrent tests

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
forget what I asked. with or without slash before minus has no difference.

If the problem is when you run more than 1 thead, it may be caused by a non
thread-safe code or a lack of connection in a pool.

What kind of application are you testing?

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Bhuiyan, Hasan (Hasan)" <Ma...@searshc.com>.
Deepak,

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
Hey

Posted by "Bhuiyan, Hasan (Hasan)" <Ma...@searshc.com>.
Thanks Deepak.

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
Hey

Posted by "Robin D. Wilson" <rw...@gmail.com>.
In all my tests, I add the "Results Tree", but I check the "Errors only" -
because having the Results Tree listener really slows down the test a lot if
I am recording all the results, but it doesn't slow me down at all if I only
record the errors.

Then I can view the errors in the results tree - and I can usually get a
pretty good idea of what went wrong.

(9 times out of 10, it is some variable that I was trying to get through the
regular expression extractor, and I didn't have the regular expression quite
right.)

--
Robin D. Wilson
Sr. Director of Web Development

Posted by sergio <se...@bosoconsulting.it>.
Hi Hasan,

it is difficult to say something without knowing much about the application..
One thing to check is the login:
does your application allow more than one session with the same user credentials,
or are you using different correctly the second pair of credentials?

regards

Sergio

Il 20/12/2011 17:27, Bhuiyan, Hasan (Hasan) ha scritto:
> Thanks Shaba! I already added but it does not give me the detail error
> why it's failing. I have the following message from view result tree:
>

> Assertion error: false
> Assertion failure: true
> Assertion failure message: Test failed: text expected to contain
> /Checkout - Contact/

Ing. Sergio Boso

In caso di erronea ricezione da parte di persona diversa, siete pregati di eliminare il messaggio e i suoi allegati in modo
definitivo dai vostri archivi e di volercelo comunicare immediatamente restituendoci il messaggio via e-mail al seguente
indirizzosergio@bosoconsulting.it <ma...@yahoo.it>
L’interessato può, inoltre, esercitare tutti i diritti di accesso sui propri dati previsti dall’art.7 del d.lgs.vo n. 196/2003, tra
i quali i diritti di rettifica, aggiornamento e cancellazione, inviando un messaggio all’indirizzo:sergio@bosoconsulting.it
<ma...@yahoo.it>

RE: some of the transactions fail during concurrent tests

Posted by Shaba K <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: JRE used by Jmeter

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
Vineeth,

    firstly, avoid spaces and special characters at any Java related
product installation folder, it may lead to some mysterious problems. Now,
if you need to run java -jar ... using that specific jre version, use the
complete path to that java.exe jre version. Like this (from prompt): "
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\jre\java.exe" -jar ...

    This is one of the ways to do it (the one I could remember).

Hope this helps you.
Flávio Cysne

Re: JRE used by Jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 20 December 2011 09:43, vineeth <vi...@spi.com> wrote:
> Hi ALL
>
> How can we instruct JMeter to use a particular JRE (JRE within the JDK)?

Just make sure that JRE is first on the PATH.