Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org> on 2005/02/16 00:15:15 UTC

commons site broken.. shot myself in the foot!

Crap...

I just shot myself in the foot.  Anyone care to help?

I pushed to the wrong directory and now

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/

is the feedparser documentation.

Can anyone help me regen it?

Maven is confusing...

>       siteAddress = jakarta.apache.org
>       siteDirectory = /www/jakarta.apache.org/commons

I thought that siteDirectory was the root and that it would end up in

/www/jakarta.apache.org/commons/feedparser

But I was wrong...

Anyway... I'll fix this on my end and I'll check the wiki to see if I
can fix the site before someone replies flaming me!

Kevin

get a free iPod!

Re: commons site broken.. shot myself in the foot!

Posted by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org>.
Brett Porter wrote:

>I'd suggest "maven clean xdoc site:sshdeploy" for now - it'll be much
>faster and just get the essentials up there.

Sites up and working... I'll rework FeedParser to not extend the
commons-build and add all the essentials.

Sorry for the glitch guys!

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Brett Porter wrote:

>Yes, especially if it differs from the sandbox. I'll fix it. I did point
>this out in my other email before this happened...

The sandbox is like that too, and it is necessary to build the base part
of the site, so I won't change it.

It's not wise to inherit the same files you use as a master build - the
site should probably be a different subdirectory to the parent, but a
longer term strategy can be looked at now. For now, you should be able
to copy the siteDirectory from commons-lang - it uses an expression to
make sure it is correct.

- Brett

Re: commons site broken.. shot myself in the foot!

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Kevin A. Burton wrote:

> Kevin A. Burton wrote:
>
>> Crap...
>>
>> I just shot myself in the foot.  Anyone care to help?
>>
>> I pushed to the wrong directory and now
>

> More on this subject btw:
>
> the <siteDirectory> in commons-build is
>
> /www/jakarta.apache.org/commons
>
> Which is the worst setting right?

Yes, especially if it differs from the sandbox. I'll fix it. I did point
this out in my other email before this happened...

> I think the problem is that I extended the commons-build/project.xml
> like I did when I was in the sandbox thinking this was the correct
> approach.  Guess I was wrong.
>
> It looks like httpclient doesn't do this (to pick a random sample).
>
> I'm trying to get a new version of the site up (because I feel really
> guilty about breaking it) but I can't find instructions and:
>
> 1. in commons-build "maven site" is taking FOREVER.. ug. It's stuck
> checking a bunch of links right now!
>
> 2. Whats up with the commons-site-deploy goal in maven.xml?   which
> one should I use?

I truly don't know, because I'm not familiar with the commons-build. It
should just be site:deploy - so hopefully that can get cleared up later.

Posted by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org>.