Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by tomlawesome <to...@tuta.io.INVALID> on 2021/03/18 18:26:44 UTC

Guacamole can't connect to anything anymore

Hello,

Recently I have been trying to create a forwading link for my domain. Users
have to navigate to:

https://sub.domain/guacamole

In the end, I opt to do this using a page rule, via Cloudflare's DNS
proxying service. The redirect worked just fine for a few minutes, but
shortly after guacamole lost the ability to connect to anything at all,
where previously I have 15 or so connections configured, VNC, RDP, SSH,
Telnet were all working very well.

I am sure the two are likely unrelated, but none the less I am left unable
to connect to a single host at all, despite what protocol it connects via.

 The only log information I get are:
*
uacd[9]: DEBUG:        Guacamole connection closed during handshake
guacd[9]: DEBUG:        Error reading "select": End of stream reached while
reading instruction*

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Re: Guacamole can't connect to anything anymore

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.
On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 1:40 PM Tom Lawson <to...@tuta.io.invalid>
wrote:

> No there is nothing between them on the network. The communicate directly.

Nothing at all? What about a firewall or network bridge, software or
otherwise?

I read that the select 1 ping issue can be something to do with MYSQL.

Not in this case - "SELECT 1" is a SQL ping used for MySQL and other
databases, yes, but the error in this case deals with Guacamole's "select"
instruction. This is not SQL, but a Guacamole protocol instruction sent
from the Guacamole web application to guacd to direct guacd to use a
particular underlying protocol (VNC, RDP, etc.) or to share an established
connection:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-protocol.html#guacamole-protocol-handshake

> Guacamole is served by reverse proxy traefik, but this setup was working
> perfectly and I can’t understand how an URL redirect would affected guacd
> communications? I don’t know much about Java though.

It wouldn't. The only thing that would affect this is the network between
the web application and guacd, or perhaps some sort of failure that occurs
very early in the connection process on the web application side.

What about the Guacamole logs? Anything interesting in there when this
occurs?

Michael Jumper
CEO, Lead Developer
Glyptodon Inc <https://glyp.to/>.

Re: Guacamole can't connect to anything anymore

Posted by Tom Lawson <to...@tuta.io.INVALID>.
No there is nothing between them on the network. The communicate directly. I read that the select 1 ping issue can be something to do with MYSQL.

I renamed the database, remade it, reinitialised it, added a connection, and it made no change.

I can ping from the guacamole install to guacd no problem. I can transfer files to it.

Guacamole is served by reverse proxy traefik, but this setup was working perfectly and I can’t understand how an URL redirect would affected guacd communications? I don’t know much about Java though.

------------------

I'm not a tinfoil hat kind of guy, but data privacy is a rapidly growing issue. Most 'free' services are are actually paid for with your privacy. Did you know Google, Microsoft, Yahoo etc all scan your email, its attachments etc and use it to profile you?

Four quick steps:
1. Get free encrypted email @ www.tutanota.com <http://www.tutanota.com>.
2. Change your DNS to Quad9 @ www.quad9.net <https://www.quad9.net/>
3. Switch browser to Firefox @ www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/new <https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/new/>/
4. Install Cloudflare WARP on your phone @ blog.cloudflare.com/1111-warp-better-vpn/ <https://blog.cloudflare.com/1111-warp-better-vpn/>

18 Mar 2021, 18:55 by mike.jumper@glyptodon.com:

Posted by Tom Lawson <to...@tuta.io.INVALID>.
Sorry - forgot to say..

I see nothing new in guacamole logs. When I try to connect, it just times out, waits 15s and tries again.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.