Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/10 09:41:01 UTC

Re: Generating Eclipse .project/.classpath files, was: Re: svn commit: r739245 - /tuscany/java/sca/modules/core/pom.xml

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:

BTW, "mvn eclipse:eclipse" should be discouraged as it will generate Eclipse
> projects which do not leverage the PDE validation of the OSGi constraints.

At the end of the day its none of our business what people use as their
personal development environment be it Eclipse or Eclipse PDE, or IDEA, or
notepad, or something else.  When someone makes a change or submits a patch
and the OSGi manifest isn't quite right then we can just help get it fixed.
OSGi adds a significant learning curve for people wanting to help develop
Tuscany so whatever we can do to make this easier is a good thing IMHO.
Having the standard approaches which people are more likely to be familiar
with such as "mvn eclipse:eclipse"  working will help with this.

For the name of the profile, we can rename it to "pde" if it helps.

Sounds good, pde seems like a better name than eclipse to me

   ...ant