Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by iris ding <ir...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/14 15:23:19 UTC

atom support in CXF

Hi guys,

I found out we have atom support in CXF and these proviers are put in
cxf-rt-rs-extension-providers project. Can you please tell what is the
reason that we do not put them directly into cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs?
Is this just becasue application/atom+xml is not a must per spec?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Iris Ding

Re: atom support in CXF

Posted by iris ding <ir...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sergey for the reply. It is good news that these providers are put
into other modules just because better modularization.  We can be more sure
to put them in :)

Re: atom support in CXF

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Iris,

There were indeed originally located in the frontend but were moved to
another module to improve the overall modularization of the frontend,
there was just too much code in a single module.
FYI, the providers are actually being used in the production so they are
of a reasonably good quality and are being looked after, though they
were not updated for a while, they just work :-)

Sergey
On 14/05/15 14:23, iris ding wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I found out we have atom support in CXF and these proviers are put in
> cxf-rt-rs-extension-providers project. Can you please tell what is the
> reason that we do not put them directly into cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs?
> Is this just becasue application/atom+xml is not a must per spec?
>

> Thanks & Best Regards,
>
> Iris Ding

Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders