Posted to user@ant.apache.org by KC Baltz <KB...@responsenetworks.com> on 2001/03/23 15:01:47 UTC

Question about Ant task and fork="yes"

I ran into a problem with some of my jUnit tests yesterday because we have
upgraded to crimson.jar.  I was getting conflicts with the version of
jaxp.jar included with Ant.  The solution that worked for me was to add
fork="yes" to the <batchtest> element.  However, I was dismayed to find that
I had to include ant.jar and optional.jar in the <classpath> in order for
batchtest to work.  If I don't include ant.jar, I get the following
exception:

    [junit] Running com.responsenetworks.broker.DatabaseConnectorJUnit
    [junit] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/tools/ant/BuildException
    [junit] TEST com.responsenetworks.broker.DatabaseConnectorJUnit FAILED

Below is the relevant <junit> task.

		<junit printsummary="yes" haltonfailure="no">
			<classpath>
				<path refid="jUnitClasspath" />
				<pathelement
location="${AntHome}/lib/ant.jar" />
				<pathelement
location="${AntHome}/lib/optional.jar" />
			</classpath>

			<formatter type="plain" />

			<batchtest fork="yes">
				<fileset dir="${jUnitTestPath}">
					<include name="**/*JUnit.java" />
				</fileset>
			</batchtest>
		</junit>

BTW, it was not sufficient to fork <junit>.  I actually had to fork
<batchtest> in order to get rid of ant/lib/jaxp.jar.

K.C. Baltz
Senior Engineer
Response Networks, Inc.
North Andover, MA