Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Kristian Arlt <fi...@yahoo.com> on 2012/12/11 11:27:59 UTC

PDF generation

Hi Guys,

I stumbled into this problem again with our latest project, where we have to generate acceptable prints/PDFs from the Flex front-end.

As rewriting it all on service is just a pain, we choose client side pdf generation with AlivePDF.

Had a lot of issues hacking AlivePDF, and in the end, it didn't work properly for unicode Asian fonts. After Thibault Imbert left his bytearray project kinda fading out, as last commit to the google code repo was more than a year ago.

I really find PDF (an Adobe product) should have stronger support when printing/exporting from Flex. There was a discussion about this around February on the mailing list, I was just wondering if somebody has picked up, or like to - maybe an AlivePDF donation so it can evolve?

Thanks,
Kristian

Re: PDF generation

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.