Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Ian Darwin <ia...@darwinsys.com> on 2002/08/20 19:00:09 UTC

Re: VOTE: Restoring Tomcat examples: Which workspace? NEW?

On August 20, 2002 11:42 am, you wrote:
> The examples are portable and independent of Tomcat, so I want them to
> go into jakarta-servletapi-5. I posted some time ago about that, and I
> was planning to do it.

Maybe a separate cvs repo? jakarta-servlet-examples?

Before I started getting involved I never bothered to download
the servlet-api download because I knew the container would
provide something I could compile against. Maybe they would
not be as visible if packaged inside servlet-api?

At the very least it should be built as a separate self-contained
examples.war file that can just be auto-deployed in any compliant container.

Ian