Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2014/05/24 05:55:08 UTC

[VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.3 release candidate (RC0) is available, vote closing 5/31/2014

The 1st HBase 0.98.3 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.3RC0/
<http://people.apache.org/%7Eapurtell/0.98.2RC0/>and Maven artifacts are
also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1021

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

The issues resolved in this release can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12326765

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/-1 by midnight Pacific Time (00:00
-0800 GMT) on May 31 on whether or not we should release this as 0.98.3 on
June 1. Three +1 votes from PMC will be required to release.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.3 release candidate (RC0) is available, vote closing 5/31/2014

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
The fix for 11251 has introduced a new problem as reported on the JIRA. I can fix it with an addendum. If there are more commits of ready to go patches in the meantime we can add them to the next RC. Otherwise the train is leaving.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anoop John <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anoop John <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Then it won't get in.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Then it won't get in.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Matt is traveling.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Matt is traveling.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Then it may not get in.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Then it may not get in.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Sure

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Andrew:

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Andrew:

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ramkrishna vasudevan <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ramkrishna vasudevan <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
As with all the other 0.98 releases, built on a dev box.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
Did you build this yourself?

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.