Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Milen Dimitrov <gd...@mail.bg> on 2004/03/16 13:59:32 UTC

Problem with fox:outline and block-container

    Hi,
I tried to create bookmarks with FOP 20.5 and everything works fine if
the text is in <fo:block id="">. If I place <fo:block id=""> in
<fo:block-container> the bookmarks doesn`t point to the needed
destination anymore. Have somebody encounter this problem or have solution?

There is some dependance because the bookmark that points to <fo:block
id=""> in <fo:block-container> always points to same location. I mean
it`s not random choosen through PDF generation. Different bookmarks
point to different places. I created one PDF with 2 stand-alone block
and 2 containers - the bookmarks pointing to the blocks were ok, the
other weren`t.

10x

Milen Dimirov
gdi009@mail.bg

Re: Problem with fox:outline and block-container

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Milen Dimitrov wrote:
> I tried to create bookmarks with FOP 20.5 and everything works fine if
> the text is in <fo:block id="">. If I place <fo:block id=""> in
> <fo:block-container> the bookmarks doesn`t point to the needed
> destination anymore. Have somebody encounter this problem or have solution?

The code doesn't account for the area offset created by the block
container. There is no work around, and this wont be fixed for the
maintenance branch code. Try to put the id on the block container
itself, or use something else, like a table instead (bookmarks to
stuff in tables and lists are iffy for the same reason, but seem
to work sometimes).

J.Pietschmann