Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jiaqi Tan <ta...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/02 18:53:26 UTC

Stale job-cache - any experiences with this?

Hi,

I seem to be having a problem with the job cache on the JobTracker of
my (single-node, DataNode, NameNode, JobTracker, TaskTracker all on
same machine) Hadoop cluster. I've been recompiling my code multiple
times, and the class files in my jarfile are correct (unzipped,
checked for new string constants added in println's to check that the
new version was correctly compiled), but the class files in the
mapred.local directory in the taskTracker/jobcache/<job id>/jars
directory are the ones from the old version.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem where your newly compiled
code just refuses to run and every time you submit the new jar file
some older version ends up getting executed?

Thanks,
Jiaqi

Re: Stale job-cache - any experiences with this?

Posted by jason hadoop <ja...@gmail.com>.
You must have the classes in a jar that is already in your class path, and
that jar is getting picked up and distributed.

http://www.apress.com/book/view/9781430219422