Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Stéphane Campinas <st...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/15 15:52:52 UTC

Expected EOFException is not thrown

Hi,

In the JUnit test case from the attached file, I call "IndexInput.seek()" on a position past
EOF. However, there is no EOFException that is thrown.

To reproduce the error, please use the seed test: -Dtests.seed=8273A81C129D35E2

Could you confirm that this is indeed a bug, or if it is a misuse of the
API on my part.

If you do confirm it as a bug, I will open an issue on JIRA with a
patch.

Stéphane Campinas

Re: Expected EOFException is not thrown

Posted by Stéphane Campinas <st...@gmail.com>.

On 15 December 2015 at 15:03, Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> at a glance, this looks like a bug in RAMDirectory to me. Can you open an
> issue?
>
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Stéphane Campinas
> <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In the JUnit test case from the attached file, I call
> "IndexInput.seek()" on a position past
> > EOF. However, there is no EOFException that is thrown.
> >
> > To reproduce the error, please use the seed test:
> -Dtests.seed=8273A81C129D35E2
> >
> > Could you confirm that this is indeed a bug, or if it is a misuse of the
> > API on my part.
> >
> > If you do confirm it as a bug, I will open an issue on JIRA with a
> > patch.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > Stéphane Campinas