Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com> on 2018/03/21 12:16:59 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 5.0.0-alpha(2nd round)

Mick

Thanks. I and SkyWalking community are trying our best to follow the Apache way. :) You are always kind for us.

------------------
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking original creator and PPMC member

From:  "mck"<mc...@apache.org>;
Date:  Wed, Mar 21, 2018 07:04 PM
To:  "dev"<de...@skywalking.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 5.0.0-alpha(2nd round)

> Everyone, I recommend you to run check by following this list:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-skywalking/blob/master/docs/en/How-to-release.md#vote-check

Great initiative Sheng!

The effort going in here to double and triple check that releases that become downloaded by users around the world are safe and correct will be rewarded. It's not just embarrassing when you make a mistake in a release that impacts your users potentially causing serious grief for them, it can also be detrimental to community's spirit and engagement. It always is a good investment to have patience when going through the release process.

I'm really impressed with the SkyWalking community and how well you're taking onboard all the ASF processes.

regards,
Mick