Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Hagay Lupesko <lu...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/04 20:51:16 UTC

MXNet 1.4.1 Release Proposal

Hello MXNet community,

As previously discussed in [0
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a5f444999bf428d06e691b1856392ae5ebb24a3485eaa484a73de10d@%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E>],
and per the feedback from Pedro, Kellen and Sheng, I'd like to propose
releasing MXNet 1.4.1.
MXNet 1.4.1 is a patch release on top of 1.4.0 (following semver[1
<https://semver.org/>]), that includes backwards compatible bug fixes - a
couple I am aware of are mem leaks in Scala API, Gluon RNN and NDArrays.

I went ahead and created a draft release page on CWiki [2
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/%5BDRAFT+PROPOSAL%5D+Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.4.1+Release+Plan+and+Status>],
thanks to Yuxi Hu for adding a mem leak fix, and thanks to Andrew Ayres,
Qing Lan and Sergey Sokolov for fixing bugs in 1.4.0 - I went ahead and
added your fixes to the list.

Asking the community to:
(1) Any bug fix or regression you identified and fixed after 1.4.0 release?
please add it to the release proposal wiki (or msg me on Slack if you don't
have write access, happy to do it).
(2) Any comments or suggestions on the release wiki? please leave comments
on the wiki or reply to this email.
(3) I am looking for volunteers to drive the release - ideally we'll have
two volunteers: a non-committer and a shepherd committer that can also help
with the logistics that require permissions. This is a great way to
contribute to the community and help MXNet!

I plan to check-in in a few days and finalize the proposal, so timely
response is appreciated.

Cheers,
Hagay

[1] https://semver.org/

Re: MXNet 1.4.1 Release Proposal

Posted by Junru Shao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Dear community,

We would love to follow up to remind that our release candidate 0 for
Apache MXNet 1.4.1 will be cut by the end of the day. We will open a voting
thread for this release tonight.

Thanks,
Junru

Posted by Junru Shao <ju...@gmail.com>.