Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/01 11:44:08 UTC

Re: xpath extractor 'stop words'

On 30/10/2008, liza_dl <li...@mail.ru> wrote:

>  Hi
>
>  To visit and check all site links I used xpath extractor,
>    //a/@href
>  as XPath query.
>
>  To avoid visiting some links with words 'logout', 'login', 'javascript', '#'
>  (I call them stop words) I used
>    //a[not(contains(@href, 'logout')) and not(contains(@href, 'login')) and
>  not(contains(@href, 'javascript')) and not(contains(@href, '#'))]/@href
>  as XPath query.
>
>  Problem:
>
>  What should I do to get all these stop words from a .txt file ? So if I add
>  some more words to this .txt file, the XPath query use them dynamically ?

I don't know if XPath can read from a file, but I doubt it.

I think you will need to use a script to pre-process the file into the
appropriate expression.
It can then be stored in a variable which you can use in the XPath GUI field.

Either store the generated expression in a file which you then read
with CSV Dataset or StringFromFile, or read the stop words and use one
of the scripting languages in JMeter (Javascript, Jexl or BeanShell)
to process the words into a variable.