Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Dave Rodenbaugh <dr...@WILDBLUECORP.COM> on 2006/12/01 00:40:55 UTC

Mismatch of DTD and documentation?

Hi everyone,

I searched the archives and JIRA for some resolution on this matter with
no luck...perhaps someone could enlighten me on this one.

According to the documentation:

3.3.4.8. extends

When writing Sql, you often encounter duplicate fragments of SQL. iBATIS
offers a simple yet powerful attribute to reuse them.

<select id="GetAllAccounts"
  resultMap="indexed-account-result">
select
  Account_ID,
  Account_FirstName,
  Account_LastName,
  Account_Email
from Accounts
</select>

<select id="GetAllAccountsOrderByName"
  extends="GetAllAccounts"
  resultMap="indexed-account-result">
    order by Account_FirstName
</select>
which is GREAT!  Just what I needed.  However, looking at the latest 2.0
DTD:

<!ELEMENT select (#PCDATA | include | dynamic | iterate |
isParameterPresent | isNotParameterPresent | isEmpty | isNotEmpty |
isNotNull | isNull | isNotEqual | isEqual | isGreaterThan |
isGreaterEqual | isLessThan | isLessEqual | isPropertyAvailable |
isNotPropertyAvailable)*>
<!ATTLIST select
id CDATA #REQUIRED
parameterMap CDATA #IMPLIED
parameterClass CDATA #IMPLIED
resultMap CDATA #IMPLIED
resultClass CDATA #IMPLIED
cacheModel CDATA #IMPLIED
resultSetType (FORWARD_ONLY | SCROLL_INSENSITIVE | SCROLL_SENSITIVE)
#IMPLIED
fetchSize CDATA #IMPLIED
xmlResultName CDATA #IMPLIED
remapResults (true|false) #IMPLIED
timeout CDATA #IMPLIED

Notice the lack of a definition for 'extends'.  This is only a problem
in my XML validator inside Eclipse which tells me this element isn't
allowed...I haven't actually got this to run yet, but wanted to know if
this was a known issue, or will affect my usage of the mapping XML?

Thanks,
-Dave

Re: Mismatch of DTD and documentation?

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure what documentation you're referring to, but you're looking at
the wrong thing!

Current iBATIS documentation is available here:

http://ibatis.apache.org/javadownloads.html

But I think you want to use includes, which are documented here:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/How+do+I+reuse+SQL-fragments

Jeff Butler