Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sean Radford <sr...@bladesystems.co.uk> on 2004/02/28 14:29:03 UTC

Developer TZ offset and timezone

All,

Anyone know what the pom.developers.developer.timezone value actually
relates to?

In the documentation it says that it should be a value from -14 to +14.
This sounds all well and good, but on my project site the times for each
developer bear no correct relation to their true times.

For instance I am in London, UK - therefore at TZ 0 (I am on GMT), but
the time on the site for me is 20 hours in the past!

Anyone have any ideas how this is meant to work or mean? Is it just the
javascript function to calculate it is just plain wrong?

Regards,

Sean

--
Dr. Sean Radford, MBBS, MSc
sradford@bladesystems.co.uk

Re: Developer TZ offset and timezone

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.
It's not supposed to be Ben time, more UTC time.  However I think the
maths + javascript got a bit confused.

Posted by Sean Radford <sr...@bladesystems.co.uk>.
Ah... Any reason why it shouldn't be (the more logical) UTC?

Sean

Posted by Martin Skopp <sk...@riege.com>.
On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 14:29, Sean Radford wrote:
> Anyone know what the pom.developers.developer.timezone value actually
> relates to?

IMHO it's related to "Ben time" (=Brisbane, Australia).
I remember there have been discussion on the ICQ and/or developer
mailing list...
--
Martin Skopp
Riege Software International GmbH
Support: mailto:maint@riege.com, Information: http://www.riege.com

This email is intended to be viewed with a nonproportional font.
Public Key on http://www.keyserver.net, Key-ID: 3D4027B5
Fingerprint: 1970 C78D 9A1D 99FA 5CE4  5C0D 29E6 6A95 3D40 27B5

Re: Developer TZ offset and timezone

Posted by Marco Tedone <mt...@jemos.org>.
Exactly, for me is the same. I Live in London too,

Marco