Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Piller Sébastien <pi...@hmcrecord.ch> on 2008/08/20 15:18:26 UTC

Weird WicketRuntimeException: how is this possible?

Hello guys,

I'm working with wicket 1.3.1. I've just get a very strange stacktrace
in my logs. It is the first time I see something so weird with Wicket.

The problem is that in the exception message, I can see components names
which belongs to two separate pages, running on two separated filters!

For exemple, I have App1 and App2 running on the same context. I have
Page1 with Panel1 on the App1, and Page2 with Panel2 on the App2.

Now, the error says:

    Exception class org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException

    component *panel2*:form:repeater:2:linkxxx not found on page
    *Page1*.ImagePopup[id = 6], listener interface =
    [RequestListenerInterface name=IBehaviorListener, method=public
    abstract void org.apache.wicket.behavior.IBehaviorListener.onRequest()]

Here is my web.xml file, it may be interesting...

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        version="2.4">

        <session-config>
            <session-timeout>60</session-timeout>
        </session-config>

        <display-name>Application name</display-name>

        <context-param>
            <param-value>classpath:applicationContext.xml</param-value>
        </context-param>

        <filter>
            <filter-name>openSessionInViewFilterAPP1</filter-name>
            <filter-class>

    org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter
            </filter-class>
        </filter>

        <filter-mapping>
            <filter-name>openSessionInViewFilterAPP1</filter-name>
            <url-pattern>/app1/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

        <filter>
            <filter-name>openSessionInViewFilterAPP2</filter-name>
            <filter-class>

    org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter
            </filter-class>
        </filter>

        <filter-mapping>
            <filter-name>openSessionInViewFilterAPP2</filter-name>
            <url-pattern>/app2/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

        <listener>
            <listener-class>
                org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
            </listener-class>
        </listener>

        <filter>
            <filter-name>App1</filter-name>
            <filter-class>
                org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter
            </filter-class>
            <init-param>
                <param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
                <param-value>app1.App1</param-value>
            </init-param>
        </filter>

        <filter-mapping>
            <filter-name>App1</filter-name>
            <url-pattern>/app1/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

        <filter>
            <filter-name>App2</filter-name>
            <filter-class>
                org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter
            </filter-class>
            <init-param>
                <param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
                <param-value>app2.App2</param-value>
            </init-param>
        </filter>

        <filter-mapping>
            <filter-name>App2</filter-name>
            <url-pattern>/app2/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

        <!-- ------------------------------------------------------ -->
        <welcome-file-list>
            <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
        </welcome-file-list>

    </web-app>

Does anybody have an idea? Let me know if you need further informations.

Thank you! ;)

Re: Weird WicketRuntimeException: how is this possible?

Posted by Piller Sébastien <pi...@hmcrecord.ch>.
It seems to run fine with 1.3.4. I don't know why I had so much problems
with 1.3.2 and 1.3.3

Thanks ;)

Re: Weird WicketRuntimeException: how is this possible?

Posted by Piller Sébastien <pi...@hmcrecord.ch>.
Well, it may be an idea... But I started my project using 1.3.1, and
last time I tried to upgrade to any later version than 1.3.1, I had a
lot of problems...

I'll investigate to see if now I can update.

Thanks

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Piller Sébastien <pi...@hmcrecord.ch> wrote:
> [...]
>       </filter-mapping>
>

>       <filter>
>           <filter-name>App2</filter-name>
>           <filter-class>
>               org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter
>           </filter-class>
>           <init-param>
>               <param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
>               <param-value>app2.App2</param-value>
>           </init-param>
>       </filter>
>
>       <filter-mapping>
>           <filter-name>App2</filter-name>
>           <url-pattern>/app2/*</url-pattern>
>       </filter-mapping>

>       <welcome-file-list>
>           <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
>       </welcome-file-list>
>
>   </web-app>
>
> Does anybody have an idea? Let me know if you need further informations.

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released