Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by xiujin yang <xi...@hotmail.com> on 2010/08/30 07:37:55 UTC

Does fair scheduler in Hadoop 0.20.2 support preemption or not?

Hadoop Version: 0.20.2
Scheduler: Fair scheduler

Now I use fair scheduler to arrange job, but I found the scheduler didn't support preemption?

Does 0.20.2 support preemption?

I know 0.21.0 will support,

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Xiujin Yang

Re: Does fair scheduler in Hadoop 0.20.2 support preemption or not?

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
 The one in 0.20.2 doesn't support it. However, the Cloudera
Distribution of Hadoop has backported preemption (and the other fair
scheduler features in 0.21), so you could try that if you want
preemption on a 0.20 cluster.

Matei