Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2012/01/03 01:04:19 UTC

Re: [lucy-dev] [lucy-commits] svn commit: r1226462 - in /incubator/lucy/trunk/perl: lib/LucyX/Remote/SearchServer.pm t/510-remote_search.t t/550-cluster_searcher.t

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 03:55:25PM -0800, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2012, at 12:42 PM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
>
> > (FWIW, I tend to merge commits one at a time and copy/paste the commit message
> > so that the history of the branch is easy to grok.)
>
> Won’t SVN do that for you yet?

Maybe -- but I don't know how.  My main goal in laying out those instructions
was to provide a recipe which is easy to follow for the short term and which
yields a sensible VCS history.  I expect we'll be switching to Git a few
months from now, so I'm not planning to invest too much research time on
honing our Subversion-based processes for labor efficiency.

Marvin Humphrey