Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by vinaysahil chandran <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/26 18:55:09 UTC

[AltRMI] (PATCH) BEEP wire

Hi Paul,
....Presenting the BEEP transport layer for AltRMI

NEW PACKAGES:
org.apache.commons.altrmi.client.impl.beep.*
org.apache.commons.altrmi.server.impl.beep.*

For now I have built an independent test
suite(BeepClient/ServerTest),
but I guess this can be merged onto
SocketClient/ServerTest suite too ....

Ant script  puts the /lib folder into the classpath
, and thats where the beep library (beepcore.jar)
& xerces wud go ..
(Haven't attached the libraries here though .)

tests2.xml have been updated with the
'beep-serve' and 'beep-client' targets too ..
(This time I have NO batch files :-)) )

We can benchmark it with Socket layer too.
(It might performs well too compared to
the '2 socket connection' approach when
callbacks come into picture..)

way to go ... >
Regards,
V i n a y.

http://sports.yahoo.com

Re: [AltRMI] (PATCH) BEEP wire

Posted by vinaysahil chandran <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Paul,
My understandin was that XML exchanges were
carried out to establish a session and henceforth
its header+payload traveling back and forth..
I admit there would be some extra header info
being passed here and there and
moreover some sync' issues , but never
expected the performance to this low.
I shall _try_ looking into BEEP more.
The work I did was a quick craft
of what I could gather from a lone example and the RFC
.

But as u mentioned writing our-own custom
Multiplexer or the one from sourceforge
(hope there are no license issues ) can be our other
options ..

Regards,
V i n a y.

Re: [AltRMI] (PATCH) BEEP wire

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Vinay,

Re: [AltRMI] (PATCH) BEEP wire

Posted by vinaysahil chandran <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Paul,
We need a xml parser too along with  beep libraries,
since BEEP exchanges xml messages
 between peers to manage the channels/sessions
between the peers .
So maybe we can put xerces in /lib folder too..

Another favor , can you try benchmarking
BEEP with others in your 'PROPOSAL' .
Lets see how that fares as well .. ..
(I think it should do pretty well)

Thanks,