Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/09 21:58:56 UTC

config.xml - CB-888

Hey

Are we just merging the blacklist and the cordova.xml to make it one
config.xml, or are we having a discussion about the format?   Given
the timeframe for this release, is this something that we want to have
for 2.0?

Joe

Re: config.xml - CB-888

Posted by Patrick Mueller <pm...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:13 AM, Dave Johnson <da...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I think the first thing we need is to just have a cordova.xml file on
> all platforms that has the specifics for that platform that are needed
> at runtime ...
> That make any sense?

Sounds like a good thing to try.

But maybe JSON instead of XML?  Looking at my watch to see what year it is
again ...

Would it make sense to de-generalize the name, from "config" to something
that had "cordova" in it?

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org

Re: config.xml - CB-888

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@gmail.com>.
The same is for android in that there are elements in the android
manifest that need to be there and will be duplicates of what's in a
config.xml (e.g. feature elements to permissions on android) so I
think the first thing we need is to just have a cordova.xml file on
all platforms that has the specifics for that platform that are needed
at runtime (e.g. to lookup a plugin mapping or whatever). That file
could be written easily by a developer building an app for a single
platform. Then the config.xml would be layered on top of that and we
would map out certain elements in the config.xml to both the
cordova.xml file on each platform (e.g. for plugins) as well as to the
platform specific config file (e.g. the app name or description).

That make any sense?

Re: config.xml - CB-888

Posted by Anis KADRI <an...@gmail.com>.
Cool!