Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jacek Kempski <Ja...@camline.com> on 2002/02/13 16:05:40 UTC

double logs

Hi,

I am new to the list and newbie to log4j. We develop a web based system
using Velocity and a framework built upon it.
I have refactored the framework to use log4j using the instantiation
servlet. The framework itself talks to components through module
 interfaces. Now the components log through log4j as well, quite
successfully, but our base servlet logs each message twice. I thought
this comes through extending the servlet, but it can't be the case since
the delegation model is even bigger.

Any help will be much apreciated. If this question has been asked
before, redirect me to the source please.

cheers,

jacek

Re: double logs

Posted by Dan Lipofsky <da...@nuserve.com>.
I don't mind the personal opinion expressed, but I would like to
know what is bad about my design and how to fix it.  I never
thought it was a great solution, but it was the only one I found.
Categories are named after the class they are used in, and appenders
were added to root until this problem came up, and now I add them
to my highest non-root level.  I thought this was textbook.
- Dan

Re: double logs

Posted by T Master <tm...@iknowledge.com>.

Re: double logs

Re: double logs

Posted by T Master <tm...@iknowledge.com>.
Not sure if you've checked this...but....
- Verify you don't have double appenders in the same Category/Logger.
 -Then verify you aren't logging to different Category/Loggers that share an
Appender.