Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by 申远 <sh...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/11 15:22:22 UTC

[DISCUSS] Next Step

Hi, all

After absence from the Apache Weex community for month, I think I am good
to be back. And I'd like to share you the next step I'd like to do in the
following month.

For tech parts, as I am a newbie to iOS, I will just share my opinion on
Android*.*

   1. Support AndroidX and X86-64. I think it's time for us(or me) to do
   this after years of waiting. And it's also the future of Android.
   2. Rewrite Weex Playground using Kotlin. Weex Playground was invented
   for demo purposes, so the quality of code is not good as one may expected.
   I think it's obvious that Kotlin has its advantages over Java in Android
   development. We shall make Weex playground better by using new tools.

For community parts, I think that's the hard part, and I have no good way
to solve. I will just write it down.

   1. Lack of active committers and diversity among different companies /
   countries.
   2. Trademark confusion about Apache tools and un-Apache tools.

I will spend my evening time (Apache Weex is not part of my work now) on
the tech issues above. And for community issues, I could answer some Github
issues occassionally to see whether we could encourage more developers into
the community.

Best Regards,
YorkShen

申远