Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Guofeng Zhang <gu...@visionnex.com> on 2004/03/24 10:20:15 UTC

Could SPNEGO supported by Tomcat?

Our  thin-client J2EE app run on JBoss 3.x  + Tomcat 4.1.x. We  want to integrate our thin-clinet J2EE application with MS Active Directory, so that a user with IE 6.0 will not need to sign in to acces our application after he/she has signed in to his/her Windows workstation.  IE 6.0 support SPNEGO.

Could any one tell me if there is any implementation of SPNEGO for Tomcat.

I search the Internet, and do not find any solution about it, so I think if I could add the support of SPNEGO to Tomcat 4.x (for our use only). Is it valuabe to do it?

I am new to tomcat's source code. I browse the source code, and could not figure out how the security works in the source code. Could anyone kindly tell me where to find the code that secure the web resource, or where and when an instance of an Authenticator( for example, FormAuthenticator or BasicAuthenticator) is instantiated.

Thank you very much.