Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/05 09:32:08 UTC

Becoming a committer

I’m interested in becoming a committer on this project, particularly to
help with the PR approval process for the Rust library.

I am also starting to use the Java library in my day job now so I can maybe
help there as well (I have more than 20 years experience in Java whereas
Rust is quite new to me).

I’m still learning Arrow but I think strategically it is a great foundation
for data science and data processing in general and I’d love to help
increase its adoption and contribute to its success.

Thanks,

Andy.

Re: Becoming a committer

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
Hey Andy,

We all appreciate your enthusiasm and good work. Suggesting/discussing new
members for committership is one of the few things done behind closed doors
(a private email list). Be confident that people have taken notice of your
effort and that you'll be rewarded in due time. Make sense?

thanks again for all your hard work,
Jacques