Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2007/01/19 04:39:26 UTC

Ugly build scenario...

On a very fast dual cpu xeon box, configuring and then running make under
linux gives me;

make[1]: Warning: File `Makefile.PL' has modification time 3.7e+03 s in the future
Makefile out-of-date with respect to Makefile.PL
Cleaning current config before rebuilding Makefile...
make -f Makefile.old clean > /dev/null 2>&1

This isn't very funny.

Is there any magic in the modperl2 or Apache-Test configurations that would
be dinking the datestamps?  Has anyone seen similar?

Re: Ugly build scenario...

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Nevermind
>
>  - no, it's not fun - and the project really should rethink failing
>    with an error or offering an override to bypass this error.
>
> In this case it was svn's bogus use checkout/export time and crossing timezones
> that have screwed up my datestamps.  For a project with extreme dedication to
> metadata, this screwball default always trips up.
>
> Bill
>

> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>>On a very fast dual cpu xeon box, configuring and then running make under
>>linux gives me;
>>
>>make[1]: Warning: File `Makefile.PL' has modification time 3.7e+03 s in the future
>>Makefile out-of-date with respect to Makefile.PL
>>Cleaning current config before rebuilding Makefile...
>>make -f Makefile.old clean > /dev/null 2>&1

fwiw, this error is from ExtUtils::MakeMaker, part of the standard perl
toolkit, and has nothing to do with mod_perl proper - you'll see that
message from any CPAN install with similar timestamp issues.

--Geoff

Re: Ugly build scenario...

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Nevermind