Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/11 18:06:02 UTC

Time to dockerize archiva?

hi archiva.

I think its finally time to start curating easy to use vagrant/docker
deployers for archiva.  Should we curate this concept and create a JIRA?

I think it will really enhance the user experience.

With shared folders, we can even allow the core data to be stored on the
host machine, and have archiva itself the app to be run in a container, so
that the archiva services can go up/down at a whim.

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

Re: Time to dockerize archiva?

Posted by Bk Lau <bk...@gmail.com>.
I find that when I stop the archiva container, it always existed with (-1)
code instead of (0). This seems to indicate a "forced kill".

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
done

On 16 October 2014 08:52, jieryn <ji...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you expose the /apache-archiva/conf as a volume so that we can
> persist our configuration.
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 12:10 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I pushed everything here: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/olamy/archiva/
>>
>> let me know if you have any other issues.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Olivier
>>
>> On 3 October 2014 12:14, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> fixed!

>>> --
>>> Olivier Lamy
>>

>> --
>> Olivier Lamy

Olivier Lamy

Re: Time to dockerize archiva?

Posted by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
I pushed everything here: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/olamy/archiva/

let me know if you have any other issues.

Cheers
Olivier

On 3 October 2014 12:14, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> fixed!
>

> On 3 October 2014 07:13, Bk Lau <bk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Olivier:
>>
>> I saw a line in the Dockerfile:
>>
>> VOLUME [&quot;/archiva-data&quot;]
>>
>> Is this supposed to be
>> VOLUME ["/archiva-data"]
>>
>> ??
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --bk
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 8:17 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I finally started that the Dockerfile is here:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/archiva/docker-file/trunk/ (git repo
>>> here: https://github.com/olamy/archiva-docker)
>>> Do not hesitate to contribute if you have any issues with.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Olivier

>>> so

>>> --
>>> Olivier Lamy

> Olivier Lamy

Olivier Lamy

Re: Time to dockerize archiva?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
fixed!

On 3 October 2014 07:13, Bk Lau <bk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Olivier:
>
> I saw a line in the Dockerfile:
>
> VOLUME [&quot;/archiva-data&quot;]
>
> Is this supposed to be
> VOLUME ["/archiva-data"]
>
> ??
>
> Thanks,
>
> --bk
>

> On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 8:17 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I finally started that the Dockerfile is here:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/archiva/docker-file/trunk/ (git repo
>> here: https://github.com/olamy/archiva-docker)
>> Do not hesitate to contribute if you have any issues with.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Olivier
>>
>> On 12 September 2014 15:58, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > Sounds a really good idea!!
>> > Yup we can track that with a JIRA and we will definitely accept pull
>> > requests or patch :-)
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > Olivier

>> so

>> > --
>> > Olivier Lamy
>> > http://twitter.com/olamy | http://linkedin.com/in/olamy
>>

>> --
>> Olivier Lamy

Olivier Lamy

Re: Time to dockerize archiva?

Posted by Bk Lau <bk...@gmail.com>.
Olivier:

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
I finally started that the Dockerfile is here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/archiva/docker-file/trunk/ (git repo
here: https://github.com/olamy/archiva-docker)
Do not hesitate to contribute if you have any issues with.

Cheers
Olivier

On 12 September 2014 15:58, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> Sounds a really good idea!!
> Yup we can track that with a JIRA and we will definitely accept pull
> requests or patch :-)
>
> Cheers
> Olivier
>
> On 12 September 2014 02:06, Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi archiva.
>>
>> I think its finally time to start curating easy to use vagrant/docker
>> deployers for archiva.  Should we curate this concept and create a JIRA?
>>
>> I think it will really enhance the user experience.
>>
>> With shared folders, we can even allow the core data to be stored on the
>> host machine, and have archiva itself the app to be run in a container, so
>> that the archiva services can go up/down at a whim.
>>

>> --
>> Jay Vyas
>> http://jayunit100.blogspot.com
>

> --