Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by heapifyman <he...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/07 19:21:48 UTC

Download file from ModalWindow problem

Hello all,

I have a problem with a file download from a ModalWindow.
The ModalWindow contains a form in which the user can specify some
parameters. When clicking submit I generate a PDF based on the chosen
parameters and offer it for download. The ModalWindow is closed then.
I followed the approach described here
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/ajax-update-and-file-download-in-one-blow.html
and
it actually works quite nice.

My problem is that after the file is downloaded and the ModalWindow is
closed all my Ajax stuff on the page from which the ModalWindow was opened
are not working anymore. Only when I reload the page, the Ajax stuff is
working again.

I would appreciate any hints as to what I might be doing wrong. Or maybe
someone has another code example of how to download a file from a
ModalWindow?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Download file from ModalWindow problem

Posted by heapifyman <he...@gmail.com>.
I have narrowed down the problem to Google Chrome (both 15.x and 17.x-dev
version) now. In both Firefox and IE 9 the download is working and the ajax
links keep working after the download finished.

I have created a quickstart application that demonstrates the thing. Are
you still interested in that to see if it's a Chrome or a Wicket issue? If
so, where should I put it?

Thanks

Posted by heapifyman <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.