Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Bhupendra Mishra <bh...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/01 15:31:07 UTC

ImportError: No module named numpy

If any one please can help me with following error.

 File
"/opt/mapr/spark/spark-1.6.1/python/lib/pyspark.zip/pyspark/mllib/__init__.py",
line 25, in <module>

ImportError: No module named numpy

Thanks in advance!

Re: ImportError: No module named numpy

Posted by nguyen duc tuan <ne...@gmail.com>.
​​
You should set both PYSPARK_DRIVER_PYTHON and PYSPARK_PYTHON the path to
your python interpreter.

Posted by nguyen duc tuan <ne...@gmail.com>.
​​

Posted by Bhupendra Mishra <bh...@gmail.com>.
Issue has been fixed after lots of R&D around finally found preety simple
things causing this problem

It was related to permission issue on the python libraries. The user I am
logged in was not having enough permission to read/execute the following
python liabraries.

 /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/
/usr/lib64/python2.7/

so above path should have read/execute permission to user executing
python/pyspark program.

Thanks everyone for your help with same. Appreciate!
Regards

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 12:04 AM, Daniel Rodriguez <df.rodriguez143@gmail.com

Posted by Bhupendra Mishra <bh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Rodriguez <df...@gmail.com>.
Like people have said you need numpy in all the nodes of the cluster. The
easiest way in my opinion is to use anaconda:
https://www.continuum.io/downloads but that can get tricky to manage in
multiple nodes if you don't have some configuration management skills.

How are you deploying the spark cluster? If you are using cloudera I
recommend to use the Anaconda Parcel:
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2016/02/making-python-on-apache-hadoop-easier-with-anaconda-and-cdh/

Hi,

Posted by Gourav Sengupta <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Eike von Seggern <ei...@sevenval.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Bhupendra Mishra <bh...@gmail.com>.
did not resolved. :(

Posted by Bhupendra Mishra <bh...@gmail.com>.
did not resolved. :(

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bhupendra Mishra <bh...@gmail.com>.
its RHEL

and i have already exported environment variable in spark-env.sh as
follows.. error still there  error: ImportError: No module named numpy

export PYSPARK_PYTHON=/usr/bin/python

thanks

Posted by Bhupendra Mishra <bh...@gmail.com>.
its RHEL