Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/15 13:20:55 UTC

Welcome and next tasks

First of all I would like to welcome our new committers, William and Aaron.
It is really great to have you on board!
Given that I would propose, we should shortly discuss the next steps to be
done, whcih I strongly beleive is a release. The things I see for doing so
are:

   - we check any JIRA open tickets and Github pull requests (most of the
   open pull requests should be already included, but I would like to check
   that before closing them)
   - we should decide on any other issue in JIRA, if it should be fixed
   with the next release.
   - we should decide given the API/SPI changes reported by revapi on the
   release number.
   - we should check for quality issues in Javadocs and code and improve
   the method coverage to 80%, covering hereby all non trivial code parts. I
   already did this for the API project (not yet pushed everything) and
   started doing so for the spisupport and core packages.
   - Documentation and web is already ready, so we can focus on the code
   parts mainly.
   - From a feature aspect I propose the state as of now should be the
   scope for the next release. This includes additionally collection support,
   and property sources for using consul, hazelcast and etcd as a backend.

Does anybody have more input or ideas, so please give a shout. I would try
to taskify these things and create JIRA tickets for all of them, so we can
grab things we want to do and prevent doing things twice.

Looking forward to any comments!

J Anatole

--
*Anatole Tresch*
PPMC Member Apache Tamaya

Re: Welcome and next tasks

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Am 02.01.19 um 21:05 schrieb P. Ottlinger:
> Thanks for stepping in - I think it would be nice to just scan the open
> jira tickets as not all are in the right place.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=-5&jql=project%20%3D%20TAMAYA%20and%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20order%20by%20priority%20DESC%2Cupdated%20DESC

there seem to be plenty of tickets needing review :-)

Phil

Re: Welcome and next tasks

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Am 02.01.19 um 19:26 schrieb Anatole Tresch:
> If you think more discussion is useful, open a new email thread...

Happy new year everyone :-)

Thanks for stepping in - I think it would be nice to just scan the open
jira tickets as not all are in the right place.

Apart from that any help is appreciated to forge to release once we
decide to cut a candidate.

Cheers,
Phil

Re: Welcome and next tasks

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
The discussion is open😊. Basically if you a task is important for you,
grab it. I will support you as needed to get to the right places in the
project or to do/review the work needed...

If you think more discussion is useful, open a new email thread...

J Anatole

Am Mi., 2. Jan. 2019, 16:16 hat Aaron Coburn <ac...@apache.org>
geschrieben:

Re: Welcome and next tasks