Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by JZA <ac...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/12 02:15:56 UTC

Restore the website logo

Hello, I want to congratulate the project for 160M download. However I
would want to discuss how long should this logo be up  there. IMHO is a bit
distracting which is great for the time of the annoucement, but I also
think we should restore the logo in a set timeframe. I think 2 weeks is a
good time for the logo to be, but I just want to open the discussion about
policies for having special logos such as end of the year festivities,
download and project anniversaries.

Regards.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: Restore the website logo

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 12/03/2016 JZA wrote:
> Hello, I want to congratulate the project for 160M download. However I
> would want to discuss how long should this logo be up  there.

I agree. The change was done long ago, and we are maybe (I didn't check)
closer to 200M than to 160M now...

> I also think we should restore the logo in a set timeframe.

Done. And yes, keeping a variant online for 2 weeks seems reasonable,
but no more than that.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Restore the website logo

Posted by "donaldupre ." <do...@gmail.com>.
+1 if you mean the balloons and confetti at the upper left corner of the
home page.