Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com> on 2013/12/20 12:41:33 UTC

[FlexJS] BarChart component updated

Hi,

This morning I updated the BarChart component with an XAxisBead that draws a simple line and tick marks and places labels below the chart. Alex and I went back and forth about whether or not to have a bead for the axis or if the axis should be part of the component (who draws a chart without an axis?). As an experiment, the axis is a bead - the idea being that you'd probably always include an axis bead of some kind, and having it as a bead would make it easy to switch them or extend them.

I also replaced the BarChartExample so that it not only uses the new XAxisBead, but it also uses the BarChart source in the project (the first version used the BarChart in the FlexJS SDK) so it is very easy to cross-compile the project into JavaScript.

--peter

Re: [FlexJS] BarChart component updated

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 20/12/2013 11:41, Peter Ent wrote:
> a bead for the axis or if the axis should be part of the component (who draws a chart without an axis?). As an experiment, the axis is a bead - the idea being that you'd probably always include an
People making infographic style pages or something else where just
relative size needs to conveyed.

Tom